Polonnaruwa , which is Sri Lanka’s oldest city after Anuradhapura, situated in the North Central Province a UNESCO World Heritage Site, . Polonnaruwa is remarkable in Sri Lanka’s history due to that time great ruler king Parakramabahu, the first king who reigned in the kingdom,
He was a visionary King who constructed the ‘Parakrama Samudra’ ,one largest ancient reservoirs in Sri Lanka and also many irrigation systems that support the region’s cultivations specially paddy. In Polonnaruwa, there are spectacular ruins of gigantic temple structures, megalith statues of Lord Buddha as well as stupas, tombs, and palaces.
Polonnaruwa’s is an attractive site which is rich with ancient artifacts and historical treasures. The Polonnaruwa Museum, the Lankatilaka, and Gal Vihara, as well as Minneriya, and Kaudulla national parks are the places to visit near Polonnaruwa.
- Time of departure: Best time to depart from Tropical Life is at 7:30 a.m. due to hot sun
- Tour duration: 3 hrs
- Travel Time: 1 hr
- Distance from the hotel: 70 km via Kandy-Trinco Hwy
- Tour inclusions: water, juice, guide, and driver
- OPTIONAL TOUR DURING RETURN JUORNEY ( After 3.00PM)
- Visit Mineriya National wildlife park for jeep safari to see elephant gathering