Ritigala is an world famous ancient Buddhist monastery and mountain range in Sri Lanka . The ruins and rock inscriptions of the monastery date back to 1st century BC. It is located 43 km away from the ancient city of Anuradhapura and also 40Km from Dambulla. The interesting feature is Its height and the local weather patterns create a microclimate difference from that of the surrounding plains. Ritigala is home to a variety of rare species of plant and animal with immense of biodiversity which is now strictly protected.
The half-day Ritigala hike excursion is quite unique experience any one can get. you can walk through a forest decorated with fauna and flora such as orchids, seated on the remains of ancient stone bathing-pools, bridges, courtyards and other architectural remains, while colourful birds and mischievous monkeys look at you from the treetops of the jungle
- Time of departure: Any time you can vist , But better early in the morning or evening.
- Also can couple with Polonnaruwa or Mineriya elephant safari tour if required.
- Travel Time: 01 hr
- Tour Duration: 02 hrs Hiking
- Distance from the hotel: 40 km from Hotel premises
- Tour inclusions: water, juice and driver and Guide Optional