Wilpattu National Park is the oldest and second-largest wildlife sanctuary in Sri Lanka: from the western coastline north of Puttalam, Exotic safaris through the coastal plains of Wilpattu take place over a course of 9 hours (half day) or even 14 hours (full day), depending only on your enthusiasm for the legendary wildlife awaiting your presence.
Thick with dense jungle, except for hundreds of ponds or willu that give it its name, Wilpattu is famous for bears, elephants, and leopards (of which it has one of the largest populations in Sri Lanka), bird life, and many other species. It is best to visit during the inter-monsoonal months of February and October but it is fascinating all year round.
- Time of departure: Best time to depart from Tropical Life is at 4:00 a.m. or couple the tour with Anuradhapura visit .
- Consult front desk for more details
- Tour Duration: 4 hours ( On safari Jeep)
- Travel Duration: 2.5 hrs
- Distance from the hotel: 50 km via Kandy-Trinco Hwy
- Tour inclusions: water, juice and driver ( Guide Optional )